I had my initiation as a kindergarten mother when I went with Kyndell and her class to the Tempe Children's Theatre. I arrived to the classroom in the morning with morning sickness and wondering if I was going to make it! When I walked in I was lucky enough to make it in time for a dance for the kids to get the "wiggles" out and the parents got to lead the dance. Ugh! Anyhow, the buses showed up late and the parents were not able to ride on the buses so I carpooled with two other moms--needless to say we got lost on the way and made it to the theatre as the last of the kindergarten class was getting off. We piled the kids in the theatre seats (remember, we were LATE) as quiet as you can keep 5 year olds just in time for intermission. The poor teachers were so mad! The kids watched the second half of the play and loved it! Then we went outside and sat on Tempe Town Lake and had a kindergarten picnic. I had so much fun just watching Kyndell interact with her friends and she was SO happy I was there. I know I need to cherish that for now, one day she won't want me around! What a fun day!!!
Dear Luke
10 years ago