I then was able to go in to the preschool class with Kaden for the first time and help with their Halloween party. It was fun to see Kaden interact with his friends and he was a bit nervous that his mommy was in the class. Halloween day we went to Schnepf Farm to watch Sedona (cousin) do a dance show and spent some time there on the rides. We left the little one at home with Aunt Jen and headed out for a day of fun. It turned out to be a beautiful day, short lines, and fun fun until Kyndell suddenly needed to go home...and she wilted out on me quick.
Her fever hit her about 30 minutes after we got home and after Tylenol and some rest she was determined to trick or treat, thinking back that was probably a mistake but how can you say no to a pleading six year old??? Needless to say she was diagnosed with swine flu on Monday and spent the week home from school.
Luckily and thanks to a gallon of hand sanitizer and clorox wipes, nobody else in the house got sick. So on to baby Kynadee...she is still my little beast (I say that with a lot of love). She has good days and BAD days where she cries for most of the day. Luckily she is a great night time sleeper or we would be crazy by now. The doctor is now treating her for GERD to see if that helps. Not really. We also went to Cardon's Children Center for her renal ultrasound and kidney reflux study (VCRU). We discovered she has reflux on both sides so she is now on nightly antibiotics to prevent UTI's and we see the urologist next week. Never a dull moment. We do have a lot of help, love, and support from our family and friends which has really helped. I have recently been advised to consider stopping breastfeeding to go to Nutramigen formula (easier on the belly) even though I have restricted my diet and have done so well with nursing. I am really torn about this..I am not a breastfeeding guru but I feel like it really helps her (and it does help quiet her). So, to breastfeed or no breastfeed that is the question. If it is true there is no cure for colic but to ride it out than what help will formula provide her? Any thoughts? So, here are some pics of good days that we get to see smiles, we take them when we get them :) Have I mentioned how much Kaden LOVES his baby sister? He will not leave her alone! Can you believe it is almost Thanksgiving?